[DFTB-Plus-User] How to install dptools

Bálint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Tue Nov 6 17:15:44 CET 2012

On 11/06/2012 05:03 PM, Bhatt, Mahesh wrote:
> Hi,
> We don't have python 2.7, but we have python 2.6. I followed your guidence and tried to install, but I got the following error message:
>
> msslax at inchcape:/storage/csc/msslax/dftbplus/dptools-0.1p3> python setup.py install
> running install
> running build
> running build_py
> running build_scripts
> running install_lib
> creating /usr/local/lib64/python2.6
> error: could not create '/usr/local/lib64/python2.6': Permission denied

 If you have no root rights, you would not be able to install things
into /usr/local. You should use the --home or --prefix optins.

  Please, either contact your system administator or look up the details
of installing python modules via distutils. One description you find here:

http://docs.python.org/2/install/

but googling around could give you also shorter (less detailed) ones.

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/b_aradi/