[DFTB-Plus-User] Fwd: SCC convergence problem for cluster calculation

Reinaldo Pis Diez reinaldo.pisdiez at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:13:11 CEST 2012

Dear Anjali,

You mention that the SCC in not converged, but do not mention if the
error is slowly (but certainly) diminishing to the threshold value
or if it is oscillating about a given value. In the first case,
restarting the calculation by reading the charges from charges.bin
could help.

In any case, increasing the electronic temperature, as Bálint
suggested, would be of help, but you MUST look at the occupations in
band.out after convergence to see if they are very smeared or are
close to integers.

Hope this add to help your problem.

Regards,

Reinaldo