[DFTB-Plus-User] Fragment count and identification code

Gabriele Penazzi gabriele.penazzi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Fri Sep 14 11:36:42 CEST 2012

Dear Debasis,

I'm not aware of any solution out of the box, but I had a similar problem.

I wrote down few hundred lines script in python using ase (
https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/ase/) for parsing the structure files and
building the bondmap. However this was done in post-processing and it's
slow, not a problem for me (I was evaluating a few snapshots), but you
can surely do it much more efficiently if you need to trace thousands of
snapshots.

Unluckily my script is not general purpose at all (I want to generalize
it, but this is not going to happen quickly), so it couldn't be used as
is, but if you (or someone for you) are willing to implement something
on your own and you need some hints, or you want to give a look at my
script (but ONLY to get some inspiration, you cannot use it as it is and
I strongly suggest you to write it from scratch), contact me.

Gabriele

--
Dr. Gabriele Penazzi
BCCMS - University of Bremen