[DFTB-Plus-User] PDOS in two components' systems

SN Ism s.nenon at ism.u-bordeaux1.fr
Mon Aug 6 16:46:29 CEST 2012

Good afternoon,

I had the same problem.
The solution is to do it 'by hand'. The 'eigenvec.out' file contains the
contribution to the DOS for each orbital of each atom (last column),
eventually sorted by k points.

The best way to do it is to sum those contributions, and to write a
band.out file for each 'fragment' by selecting atoms with their number.
This file can then be treated with the python dos package delivered with
dftb+.

If my explanation isn't clear enough, don't hesitate to contact me to
discuss about this.

Best regards

S. Nénon