[DFTB-Plus-User] fail to compile dftb-plus

Bálint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Mon Oct 25 08:28:56 CEST 2010

Dear Duo,

> I have a problem on install dftb-plus in my machine. After I issue "make",
> an error always appears, saying that "ld: cannot find -lmkl_lapack". Does it
> mean that i do not have lapack/blas libraries in my machine? And how should
> I deal with this problem? Thank you very much for your great help in
> advance! Any solution will be highly appreciated!

 It means, it does not find the MKL Lapack library. (Apparently, you
used x86_64-linux-ifort as architecture option for your compilation.) In
the case you have the MKL-library on your system (which you have with
high probability, if you also have the ifort compiler) you should check,
where it is located (/opt/intel/.. is a good starting point), and make
sure, that you override the MKL_LIBDIR variable in the makefile to
represent the right path. Eventually, you should ask your system
administrator for some help.

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/en/~b_aradi