[DFTB-Plus-User] NPT simulation

Ran Friedman ran.friedman at lnu.se
Fri Oct 15 08:24:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have no experience with NPT simulations using DFTB, but would expect that you need a lot more time and a larger number of particles in order to reproduce the correct pressure on average along the simulation. In classical MD, that can take 1ns for a system with 10000 atoms or so. Also, as Ben indicated below a timestep of 1fs may be too large.

Ran

Ran Friedman
Biträdande Lektor (Assistant Professor)

Linnaeus University