[DFTB-Plus-User] Question about SK files for pair of elements

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 23:33:53 CEST 2010

Hello Reinaldo,

In the special case of interactions with hydrogen
there is a symmetry between the X-H and H-X cases
due to the spherical symmetry of the H 1s state.
This symmetry doesn't hold for interactions between
atoms where both contain orbitals of higher than s
angular momenta, as only some of the interactions in the
two files are related by symmetry.

Regards

Ben