[DFTB-Plus-User] initial charge

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 13:31:43 CEST 2010

Hello Zhu Xi,

yes you can specify the initial atomic charges with version 1.1. The
InitialCharges keyword in the manual describes the method to do this.

You will need some method of obtaining the net atomic charges from the
ab inito code (Mulliken populations or similar), as the charge density
can't be directly used.

Regards

Ben

--
     Dr. B. Hourahine, SUPA, Department of Physics,
   University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building,
    +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
   The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263