[DFTB-Plus-User] simulation of infrared spectrum

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Mon Jan 25 09:55:18 CET 2010

Hello Duo,

in principle DFTB can be used to calculate infrared spectra, do you
need vibrational frequencies or intensities?

The next release of the code will contain routines for harmonic frequencies,
however you could also calculate them using a velocity-velocity
autocorrelation
function using output from a long MD simulation.

Regards

Ben

--
     Dr. B. Hourahine, SUPA, Department of Physics,
   University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building,
    +44 141 548 2325, benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
   The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263