[DFTB-Plus-User] detailed.out file

Reinaldo Pis Diez reinaldo.pisdiez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:18:59 CET 2009

	Hi Axel,

		The nickel atom is described by a valence set 3d^8 (or 9) 4s^2 (or 1)
plus an empty 4p subshell. This is the usual "minimal basis" for
transition metals in semiempirical methods. Thus, you have a "final"
nickel atom with a 3d^(8.46) 4s^(0.43) 4p^(0.38) electronic configuration.
		Hope this helps.
		Regards,

						Reinaldo