[DFTB-Plus-User] compilation error

Bálint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Wed Dec 10 08:56:08 CET 2008

Dear Seung Mi Lee,

> In file hsdparser.f90:809
>

>     call getNodeName(node, str)
>
>                          1
>
> Error: GENERIC non-INTRINSIC procedure 'str' is not allowed as an actual

 That's unfortunately a compiler bug. (I guess, you're using gfortran.)
At the moment, my suggestion would be to download the static binaries
for i686/Linux or x86_64/Linux architectures from the homepage, so that
you do not have to bother about compilation.

 If you have other architectures, the you must rename the variable 'str'
(and all its occurancies) into something else (like 'txt'), then it
should work. Alternatively, in a few days, a release candidate will
hopefully appear on the homepage, and it will contain those changes already.

  Best regards

http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/en/~b_aradi