[DFTB-Plus-User] compilation error

Seung Mi Lee seungmi.lee at kriss.re.kr
Wed Dec 10 03:27:58 CET 2008

Dear DFTB+ users,

I have met following compilation error. Please let me know what to do to.

In file hsdparser.f90:809

    call getNodeName(node, str)

                         1

Error: GENERIC non-INTRINSIC procedure 'str' is not allowed as an actual
argument at (1)

 In file hsdparser.f90:809

    call getNodeName(node, str)

                         1

Error: Type/rank mismatch in argument 'nodename' at (1)

 In file hsdparser.f90:814

      call xml_NewElement(xf, char(str))

                                  1

Error: GENERIC non-INTRINSIC procedure 'str' is not allowed as an actual
argument at (1)

 In file hsdparser.f90:814

      call xml_NewElement(xf, char(str))

                            1

Error: Generic function 'char' at (1) is not consistent with a specific
intrinsic interface

 In file hsdparser.f90:830

      call xml_EndElement(xf, char(str))

                                  1

Error: GENERIC non-INTRINSIC procedure 'str' is not allowed as an actual
argument at (1)

 In file hsdparser.f90:830

      call xml_EndElement(xf, char(str))

                            1

Error: Generic function 'char' at (1) is not consistent with a specific
intrinsic interface

 In file hsdparser.f90:832

    call unstring(str)

                 1

Error: GENERIC non-INTRINSIC procedure 'str' is not allowed as an actual
argument at (1)

 In file hsdparser.f90:832

    call unstring(str)

                     1

Error: There is no specific subroutine for the generic 'unstring' at (1)

make[1]: *** [hsdparser.o] Error 1

make: *** [_obj_i686-linux-g95] Error 2

Thank you in advance. :-)

With best wishes,

Seung Mi

Seung Mi Lee, Ph. D

Senior Researcher

Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS)

1 Doryong-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-340, Korea

Tel: +82-42-868-5780    Fax: +82-42-868-5047