[DFTB-Plus-User] RE Ben: Error message of "severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred"

Ben Hourahine benjamin.hourahine at strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 12:49:40 CET 2008

Hello Wu Xing,

I would very strongly suggest you start by using a serial run. If you
are using the standard 1.01 DFTB+ code, then this can use shared memory
processors via openMP, but not distributed memory parallel machines as
you have.

So probably you should be using

#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1
#PBS -l ncpus=1

initially, and once this is working then contact your local systems
administrator about running with openMP using more cpus on the same node.

Regarding the basis set for the calculations, you should use

  O = "p"
  Si = "d"

with the SK files all coming from the pbc-01 parameter set.
The d-states on the oxygen are not parameterized (set to 0 in the SK
files) so should not be included, however the d states on the Si should
be used to model SiO2.

Regards

Ben